MFA - Painting, 2008, Pratt Institute
BFA - Studio Art, 2006, Tulane University
University of Michigan School of Art and Design, 2005-2006
- Award for Academic Achievement, Pratt Institute, May 2008
- Pratt Circle Award â€“ Distinction, Pratt Institute, May 2007
- The Dedalus Foundation Master of Fine Arts Fellowship in painting and sculpture, 2007.
- The Class of 1914 Prize in Art, Newcomb College, Tulane University, spring 2006.
- Mary C.S. Neill Award for excellence in painting, Newcomb College, Tulane University, spring 2005.
- Distinguished Scholar Award, Tulane University, March 2002.
2011 Constellation: A Backyard Art Expedition, Minneapolis, MN May 25-28
2011 Non Solo at Flux factory
2011 Non Solo, Thomas Hunter Project Room, Hunter College Jan 7-22
2011 Lascivious-Yasamin Keshtkar and Keer Tanchak, Dean Project, March 4 to April 2
2010 The Triumph of Now, Volume Black, October 22-Nov 10
2010 Accretion of Events, Volume Black, August 20-Sept 26
2010 Don Juan in the Village, Lars Bohman Gallery, May 8-June 14
2010 Monumental/Piccollini, Allegra LaViola Gallery, March 26-April 24
2010 Pop Up Beginnings, Milevec Green Gallery, March 5-March 31
2009 Summer Exhibition, Kravets Wehby Gallery, June 25-July 31
2009 RoccoPop, DEAN Project and Crossing Art, February - March
2008 - 2009, PoP: The Global Citizen, New Jersey Center for Visual Arts, January-December
2008 Pratt-VCU Exchange Show, Virginia Commonwealth University, March
2007 Changing Climates, Changing Colors, Abrams Art Center, Henry Street Settlement, NYC, January - March
- Tuplin, Christopher, ed. Persian Responses- Political and Cultural Interaction with(in) the Achaemednid Empire. Illustrations â€“ p.181, 183, 188, 193, and jacket cover
- ArtWorld Digest, Vol. 2, The Seed Issue, April 2007.
- Root, Margaret C., "Elam in the Imperial Imagination: From Nineveh to Persepolis," in Elam and Persia, ed. J. Alvarez-Mon, Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns, 2006. Contributed nine illustrations.
- Root, Margaret C., This Fertile Land: Signs and Symbols in the Early Arts of Iran and Iraq, Kelsey Museum of Archaeology, Ann Arbor, Michigan, 2005.
- Abdi, Kamyar, "Notes on the Iranianization of Bes in the Archaemnenid Empire," in M.C. Root, ed., Medes and Persians: Reflections on Elusive Empires, Ars Orientalis 32, 2002, 133-207. Illustration - Figure 9 on page 141.
- Lentini, Lara K, "Changing Climates, Changing Colors," Art Papers, July/August 2007, p.66.
- Vartanian, Hrag, A Hot and Colorful Day on the Northside Hyperallergic, June 23 2011.